E.D. Baker - The Frog Princess

The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1) - E.D. Baker

I like children's books and I am not even going to invent an excuse for reading this one. I read it because I wanted to. There.

I read it because I wanted to read a story about a princess who kisses a frog. Things went slighlty wrong and the frog prince didn't turn into a human prince, instead the princess turn into a frog.

And then they have a lot of adventures and epiphanies.

I liked how the frog prince was bent on saving and protecting the princess but somehow was always either asleep or not around when the danger struck, and the princess had to take care of herself (Bella, you look and learn). There was a lot of humour in the book (a pretend witch was called Vannabe) and no one was exceptionally pretty, people were short, had big noses, etc. And definitely no one sparkled in the sun.

On the other hand, there was a lot of bestiality in this book. I mean, human on frog action, then human and otter, there was also a hint of frog on snake thing. Apart from that, there was a prince who liked wearing women's shoes and apparently had really small feet (wink, wink). My, oh, my, just what exactly are we teaching our children?

(Don't get me started on the naked nymph).