Vicki Myron - Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World

Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World - Vicki Myron

I didn't expect this book to be quality literature and of course it wasn't. It was a feel-good book, only I've noticed that most feel-good books actually make me feel nauseous instead of good. Especially those that idealize small town America.
I thought I was going to scream if I had to read another paragraph about how amazing the town of Spencer, Iowa is. To give you a taste:
"That's another of Spencer's unique and valuable assets: its people. We are good, solid, hardworking midwesterners. We are proud but humble. We don't brag."
Sure they don't. I have just read a 275 page long eulogy to Spencer and its people.
Try as she might Vicki Myron didn't fool me. Under a heavy sugar coat I could see rotten flesh bubbling with old grudges, grievances and hostilities. I would love to read more about that but I guess it was a no go as the people's real names were used.
The book was really chopped (a bit like my review). There were parts about Dewey, bits about Vicky's life, and the history of the town all thrown in together. They didn't blend very well but I was slightly entertained by some chapters so I am giving it two stars.
Oh yeah, the cat was cute.