Small Bites

Tom Sharpe - Porterhouse Blue
This was very funny - in an English sort of way. However, it would have been funnier if it hadn't be so true.
When you constantly meet people like the characters of this book they somehow quickly go from funny to annoying.
All in all - a bitter-sweet experience, however the condom suicide was excellent!
3/5

Iain M. Banks - The Wasp Factory
I knew nothing about this book when I started reading it. Banks mentioned he decided to write 'what he knew about' in order to get published, so I expected some typical coming of age novel. I was definitely caught off guard. I didn't expect all the craziness, burning animals and murders.
It was one of the most twisted books I have ever read. Banks managed to make me feel at the same time disgust and sympathy towards the main character. Yeah, anyway, just go read it. Especially if you like disturbing. 4/5

Tim Harford - The Undercover Economist
Whoever calls Tim Harford a die-hard free market fanatic should really do some research. For an economist this guy is almost a communist!
Really decent book. Quite informative even it had me thinking "doh, I knew that" on a couple of occasions.
And now I don't feel cheap when buying Tesco value products. I feel smart!
3/5

Barry Unsworth - Land of Marvels
If I had to describe this book in one word, it would be 'meh'. That's probably not even an actual word. If I had to write more it would probably be something like: meh, meh, meh.

I couldn't care less about the characters, and got myself thinking that if Unsworth killed everybody on the next page I wouldn't care at all. Which is actually what he eventually did and so this book ended.
Let's move on.