Lorraine Heath - Passions of a Wicked Earl

Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers, #1) - Lorraine Heath

The best part of this book is its title. ‘Passions of a Wicked Earl’ – look at all the promise here: there will be passion, wickedness and an earl. Sadly, while this was by no means terrible, it just fails to deliver on this titillating promise.

The hero was a bit of a jerk but not in a sexy wicked way, just in the regular asshole way. Yes, it seems like your bride cheated on you, but a) she didn’t really, did she? b) it was an arranged marriage, she barely knew you. Get over yourself.

That said, the heroine is a bit silly. The reason her husband thinks she cheated on him is this: dreading the wedding night with a stranger, the heroine concocts a plan together with her good friend (who is also the groom's brother) that he will be in her room/bed when the hero enters the room. The hero will get angry and will not want to have sex with her that night.

Seriously? I know we always need to suspend our disbelief when it comes to set-up/premise of romance novels, but seriously? How could have anyone ever thought this was a good plan, let alone TWO people agreeing it was a good plan?

I don't think the author even thought it a good idea because she seemed to be almost embarrassed about it, like she knows she can't possibly sell it to us. She is like a very unconvincing pedlar who is selling things she was told to sell but know it's all crap.

I don’t know what to write about this book, it’s rather forgettable and I waited too long with this review and sadly forgot if I felt any emotions when reading it.

Also – pregnancy and horse-riding just don’t go together! Those romance heroines will just never learn, will they?